Find Your Cover
Single trip*
Annual cover*


Campervan Hire Excess Insurance

If you are thinking of cheap holiday ideas then why not hire a motor home or campervan and do a road trip. This cost effective holiday idea is great for all the family and can be done either in the UK or abroad.

Before picking up your motor home or campervan and hitting the open road, be sure to take out hire vehicle excess insurance to make sure your holiday stays cheap should you need to make a claim for damages to your vehicle.

Banff National Park, Rocky Mountains, Canada

What is campervan hire excess insurance?

When you hire a motorhome or campervan within Europe, it is common practice for hire companies to include a basic level of vehicle insurance as part of the rental agreement. This is also known as a collision damage waiver CLD or loss damage waiver LDW. Outside of Europe this basic cover is not usually part of the agreement and may have to be bought separately. Whether this cover is included in your contract or bought separately before making a claim, the vast majority of insurance companies will state that you are liable to pay an excess fee before any claims for damages are settled.

Depending on the insurance company, type of vehicle age of driver etc this fee can be well within the thousands fo pounds. However do not fear, luckily you can purchase what is known as motor home and campervan hire excess insurance. This insurance policy will act as an add-on policy to your vehicle insurance agreement. Excess insurance will cover any excess fees you are required to make prior to a claim being settled in return for a small daily fee.

Please note: Before you hire your vehicle, make sure you fully understand the level of cover offered by the rental company as this may need to be bought separately.

Why Buy from

  No additional driver charges

  No unnecessary expensive add-ons

   Buy in just 2 minutes

Annual Excess Insurance Across the World


Why buying motorhome and campervan excess insurance online can often be a better solution?

Many rental companies may offer excess insurance as an add-on to your existing rental agreement. However you will find they tend to be much more expensive than third party alternatives and do not cover your entire fee, meaning you may still be liable to pay excess charges before you settle a claim.